Monday 24 October 2011

"Stasis Session" interactive project COMPLETE

 Now I've just finished working on my interactive story project and boy, oh boy it cost me an arm and a leg. Then again in the end I think it was totally worth it and these last 2 days that I didn't sleep will pay off.
 Deciding to make this project was a big step on its own, despite the fact I've never seen an HTML code before, I knew I was making something huge here. Huge in terms of scale, though I hope the quality will stand out too. After all, a free-roaming game? Eghem...
 This piece of work made me think. A lot. I had to come up with new ideas of how to arrange everything in order to make it work and make it look as tidy as possible. It also reminded me of a great saying - "quality over quantity". As it turned out I've worked so much on quantity I forgot about the quality, although looking on the result makes me feel warm inside.)
 Here it is, I hope the link works and I'll list the specifics below.

                                 "Stasis Session"   >>   http://edprojects.netai.net/


 P.S. It seems that the whole thing was taken down by the hosting, so unfortunately, currently there is no way to check it out online. I'll try to figure something out, maybe post it on my real web site when that is done after the interactive DP2, but 'till then, there will be no access to the content. Sorry.


 

 
 The ending product is 134MB of volume and uses 100's of photos and their copies.
 1,978 files overall.

 For all this I had to come up with the "bubble" system.

 The main idea of this adventure map/game is free-roam where you can openly explore big areas a long as you want and when you want. So to keep this in order and making tell a story the "bubbles" became crucial.
"Bubbles"are folders containing the information about a certain area in a certain time of the story. When you reach a key point the "bubble" changes to another one so you can explore more territories and progress through the story without stumbling upon an old "cutscene", for example. This was my main challenge and I'm more than certain that with the help of "bubble" system I've beaten it.

By the way this is the free hosting I used and it definitely the best one I tried so check it out. And download FileZilla for file transfer, because it is way easier. Hope this helps.
Web Hosting

Thank you for reading till this very point,
Good luck and good night.
Ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment